Very Lumpy Astra M reg 1.4 8v carb

Car is very reliable, starts first time.

But it is now very lumpy at low speeds and hesitates when you put your foot down.

Tickover and high speeds are fine.

Any ideas before I start pulling it apart.

Reply to
Anonymous

Thus spake snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (pretty-polly) unto the assembled multitudes:

Could be a dodgy valve or two. Try doing a compression test on each cylinder. Might need to get the valves cleaned up and ground in.

Reply to
A.Clews

" snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Does it have one of those carbs with a diaphragm? If so it may be split. That got me into trouble once ;-)

Reply to
Tunku

first checks are breather system, air leaks, spark plugs, leads, htcap/rotor, all the normal service stuff first.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful