Fiesta 1.4 tdci vs Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

I'm swapping selling the Zafira to get something cheaper to run and it's down to the Fiesta or Peugeot 206 Diesels, I knoe they both have the same engine, but does the 206 have 16 valves on the head?

anybody have either of these, and what is real world MPG, I had a Laguna 2.2 dci 150 awhile back(new) they claimed 47Mpg I could get 36 at best!! so dont trust the manufacturers.

which is the best to go for,

It will be 02-03 reg as they seem to be in abundance for =A33k-=A34k

cheers :-)

Reply to
Staffbull

We have the Fiesta 5 door 1.4 tdci. Parkers says 64mpg, and the missis gets

60 around town. I get about 50 out of it at motorway speeds. The 1.4s are 8 valve, and the 1.6s are 16v. Looking at Parkers, the pug 1.4 and 2.0 are 8v, and the 1.6 is 16v.

Both 1.4s are £35 for road tax!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith

Cheers Bob, I must admit to liking the look of the Fiesta more, so am inclined towards it, will enjoy paying for the road tax with a smile for that :-) 60 Mpg will do nicley too, bit of a change from when I had the V8 Discovery !! but times must.

Reply to
Staffbull

Mondeo states (IIRC 48), but I've managed 10mpg more than that. Just a ligh= t=20 right foot needed! I was up to an indicated 60mpg last week, now dropped to= =20

58.5. Likely to be ~54 in reality.

IIRC, the 1.4 lumps are actually the same engine (with a slight ECU mod to= =20 lower the max torque in 1st on one of them, to stop blowing up the gearbox)= .

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Pete Smith (pete snipped-for-privacy@lethe.org.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

IIRC, it's Ford who use the cheesebox which requires the engine to be turned down.

Reply to
Adrian

Just bought an 06 1.25l petrol Fiesta. It's nice, but the engine noise is quite high (at least compared to my Punto). If the petrol is quite loud it worth just checking the noise level of the diesel. But in every other way the wife much prefers it.

Regards,

Tim

Reply to
Tim

The 1.6 TDCI Fiesta is also =A335 tax. It's probably also true of the same engine in the Pug.

Reply to
Andy Tucker