123T hard to turn steering right

My dad has a 1985 123T 240D. One morning when he started the car the steering wheel made a sudden violent twist/pull towards left. As a consequence the power steering do no longer work towards the right. He may
turn the steering wheel towards right, but it is dead hard. Turning towards left works fine.
Something is broken, but what? Do I need a repair kit for the power steering unit?
-- Johan
------------------------------------------------- Skype callto://johankarl Asker/Norway