hard steering

Hello,
I have a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.8L.
Yesterday, it start to steer left very hard, however it can steer to right fine. I totally lose power only to one side. Is it possible that this is a winter thing or my rack and pinion is dead?
What are your solutions and thoughts?
Thank you for your input and time.
Reply to
u c c
u c c writes:
fine. I totally lose power only to one side. Is it possible that this is a winter thing or my rack and pinion is dead?
Hard to say from this distance -- failing valve on the rack seems reasonable, but I've got a Brand T truck with a PS fluid leak that shows this symptom (I don't remember off-hand which side it turns up on) whenever the fluid starts getting low.
Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer
it turned out to be steering rack. i changed it. idid not open it, but just put a new one for 163 from advanceautoparts. thanks for input.
Reply to
u c c