hard steering

Hello,

I have a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.8L.

Yesterday, it start to steer left very hard, however it can steer to right fine. I totally lose power only to one side. Is it possible that this is a winter thing or my rack and pinion is dead?

What are your solutions and thoughts?

Thank you for your input and time.

Reply to
u c c

fine. I totally lose power only to one side. Is it possible that this is a winter thing or my rack and pinion is dead?

Hard to say from this distance -- failing valve on the rack seems reasonable, but I've got a Brand T truck with a PS fluid leak that shows this symptom (I don't remember off-hand which side it turns up on) whenever the fluid starts getting low.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

it turned out to be steering rack. i changed it. idid not open it, but just put a new one for 163 from advanceautoparts. thanks for input.

Reply to
u c c