126 Headlights

Check out these headlights for the 126 cars.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/81-91-Mercedes-Benz-S-W126-seaden-crystal-headlights_W0QQitemZ320124024277QQihZ011QQcategoryZ33710QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I think they would really modernize the look of the car, what do you guys think. I would buy them if they weren't so expensive
No... that's not Bosch and is not worth that kind of money. Most of those set are worth less than $200 a pair. Their light output really sux compared to Bosch.
Just by changing to Bosch Euro is a major improvement over stock headlight and already 10 years improvement to the look of the car. A 1981 car would look like a 1991 car.
I bought a set of Depo headlight for a friend... glass lens... the output is not as great as my Bosch unit. I should have given him the Bosch when I sold my car.
Same thing on my 124... Stock was chipped and bad looking... I bought a set of Depo and was very disappointed in light output... seems worse than stock. Light output seems to be scattered... not as focused.
The story is this... buy only Bosch Euro light.. they are worth every penny. Upgrade to HID unit if available for your body style.
Just to clarify... Aftermarket euro headlights are slightly better than OEM factory headlight unless your headlight are very faded in which case is signficantly better than what you have now.
When comparing aftermarket headlight to Bosch Euro headlight... Bosch wins hand down... twice as better than aftermarket.
Sometime you can get Hella or CIBIE euro headlights... they are also excellent units.

I tried all three - stock 83 sealed beams, Cibie halogen replacement for the stock lights and the European flush glass lights. While the Euro lights do look better the Cibies were by far the brightest.
LOL... yes, I had CIBIE drop in replacement... yes, they are the best... no questiuon about it. I was surpriced that CIBIE did make a complete headlight unit for W202 class... Check it out...
http://www.talbotco.com/cibie_main_frameset.htm
I have done business with them... they are really nice people.

Eww. Too Star Trekky for me. I prefer the standard Euro flush glass ones.