Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

clock problem 420 sel
To day my clock on the instrument panel of my 1986 420 sel stopped working. Is it possible that a fuse is blown? Any ideas on how to fix it? BZ
9
9

Strange speaker situation
Hi Experts :-) I have a 1984 MBZ diesel and after about 10 years the speakers went belly up. I didn't bother about the situation for a few years and then installed two new Jensen Hi-Fi speakers. They...
9
9

aux fan relay 1983 300D [CA]
Jumping the terminals caused the fan to run as required. Isolated the problem & replaced the relay. Thanks trader4 for your help.
1
1

Vito Towbar
I=92d like to attach a custom made platform to carry a heavy Electric wheelchair to my Vito (08 Plate) utilising the towbar anchorage points. Would anyone have fitting instructions for a basic towbar,...

aux fan relay 1983 300D [CA]
The auxiliary fan on my 1983 300D only seems to work when the relay is jiggled. Any way to isolate whether to replace the relay or look for a bad jack or wiring?
1
1

300e Intermediate Arm Bushings
I'm looking to replace the intermediate arm bushings on my 1988 300E W124. The bolt hits into the exhaust down pipe. I don't think I can get the clearance I need by unbolting the motor mounts and...
1
1

Diesel fuel economy device
A few years ago a physicist from Temple University, a Dr Tao, developed a device that electromagnetically reduced the viscosity of diesel fuel. This in turn led to better atomization and better...
2
2

W123 300D AC Heater Servo
I have discovered a small crack on the top of my 1979 300D AC/Heater servo, which I believe is the source of all my various vacuum and a/c vent flap issues. What I do not know is where one can find...
10
10

Fuel Injector System Cleaning
Hi, The service type B for 2002 C240 has fuel injection system cleaning in it. How important is it? What if I skip this cleaning? How good are after market fuel injection cleaners that you mix when...
2
2

Old tires
On our trip to Seattle from SFO to catch a cruise ship we suffered 4 tread separations in the last 300 miles of the trip up. This was on our 2001 C240 with 30,000 miles OEM Conrinentals. The tires had...
3
3

300SE EBAY

300 SE for sale UK
300SE for sale 1992 all extras 2 tone green 3.2 Ltr MOT til end Sept only done 200 miles since last mot £750 ono Too good a car to break for spares Cheshire UK E me for pics and details

1989 260E Stalling and cool system issues.
A bit of a saga to say the least. If I leave the car garaged for a lengthy time like a week, It will start and drive OK for a few kilometres then it will stall. Sometimes it will restart and other...
4
4

Reliability for 2007 & later Mercedes models
Lemons aside, what is the general reliability for 2007 and later Mercedes models? (specificially the S-class). Is the AMG version more reliable than stock? What are the common faults (mechanical &...
2
2

300D Steering Assembly
While trying to decide whether to have a wheel alignment done by the tire shop or do a more thorough overhaul of the steering assembly, I inspected my front tires, and discovered to my horror that the...
8
8