Fuel Injector System Cleaning

Hi,

The service type B for 2002 C240 has fuel injection system cleaning in it. How important is it? What if I skip this cleaning?

How good are after market fuel injection cleaners that you mix when filling up the gas?

Thank you!

Reply to
yahmed

We never done it on our 2001 E320.

I wouldn't bother with fuel injection cleaning unless you have some serious drivability problem. Most of the time, when the injector starts to have problem... like leaking at the seal... is when you should pull all fo them out... send them out to have it bench cleaned and tested... and then reinstall with new seals.

It is good to use fuel injection cleaner once in a while... like once a year or every other year... Lubro Moly Jectron and Venti Sauber is good stuff... Chevron Techron is MB's favorite... but basically, anyone will do a good job to 'extra' clean your injector.

None of the gas tank or the engine injected fuel injection cleaner will match the bench cleaning and testing.

Reply to
Tiger

I am not having any issues at all. So may be I get one of these cleaners mixed with gas and forget about it for a while.

Thank you!

Reply to
yahmed