Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

PICS: Mercedes updates the Viano MPV and Vito Van
From CS ***** These are the first official photos of the facelifted Mercedes-Benz Viano people carrier and its commercial brethren, the Vito. Both models receive a mild nip and tuck with newly styled...

Alternator light won't come off
Get your alternator tested... There might be a short in the winding. I have heard of this odd symptom and they usually are bad alternator.. Double check that you have installed the voltage regulator...
2
2

Trans fluid versus engine oil
You are probably burning transmission fluid... vacuum modulator on tranny can leak and get sucked into vacuum system into intake manifold. The mixing of trans fluid anc coolant can also occur at the...
2
2

MB Group is really quiet
Agree, not many questions to share knowledge about. It used to be different. I use to (when I am not too busy with work) follow the questions and answer, when I feel I have something new to contribute...
7
7

'94 Mercedes C200 speedo exaggerates speed by 5%
: shows 105 kph when gps shows 100 kph. Tyre size was standard ( 195/65R14 Michelin ). Has any1 here noticed this difference ? My gps reading is correct ; [i] my 2 cars ( Proton & Honda ) use taller...
1
1

1986 190e Power window shenanigans
Hello again! My car is still purring along, but I have had an annoying issue for a long time, and seek your advise in trouble shooting it. My left rear power window sometimes works and sometimes...
10
10

300 D Motor Mounts
300D motor mounts changed and--engine shaking problem solved. Old mounts were completely shot, and engine was stting on frame. The shop that had done my engine rebuild lied when they said they had...
2
2

How though is a Mercedes?
too bad to see. But, well, er... impressive!!! Video archive for the retired Metacafe site. One of the world's largest video sites, serving the best videos, funniest movies and clips.
2
2

'84 300SD Squeak from Rear(?)
Hey there, I make a right turn, it squeaks like crazy. Left turn, nothing. My wife decided to drive it around with the E brake on for a couple of days before this sound appeared. I suspect this is not...
2
2

for anyone thinking of buying MB autos
But being able to thumb our noses as we cruise silently past lowlifes in pissant rice burners is worth whatever it costs. hth
18
18

Without a doubt the foremost FREE online Mercedes forum for help and DIY info - www.peachparts.com
There really is nothing quite like for Mercedes Benz owners. Forums for discussion on technical know-how, diesel/gas, all years, all questions answered by MBZ collectors, owners and tech guys. DIY...
1
1

Motor Mounts - 300D
Well, I just found out that my motor mounts, which were alleged to have been replaced during my engine overhaul, were not, and all the mounts and vibration dampeners are completely shot, the engine is...
4
4

BEST Used Benz for $5000 - $7000
MB cars have serious problems with being reliable. I've seen lots of my friends cars with electrical gremlins (some serious enough to warrant replacing of major components, others just annoying). For...
18
18

Front-end W123 300D
For about the last 700 miles, my W123 300D pulls slight slightly to the right, and the steering wheel "shimmeys" ever so slightly at around 70 mph. Today I noticed that the very inside-most 2 inches...
2
2

fuel distributor
I have a 1989 560 SEL. How hard is it to change out the fuel distributor? It appears to have 3 Phillips head screws that hold it on. What is the correct procedure for replacing it? Thanks.
1
1