MB Group is really quiet

Wow... very quiet these days. I wonder where everyone go post MB questions...

Reply to
Tiger

I've been wondering the same thing. Tiger is always on. But other experts, folks like Bill Ditmire don't seem to be on much at all. Bill sorry if I misspelled you name. Honestly I don't know where folks went. this newsgroup used to be incredibly vibrant.

Reply to
jb

It might be just another sign of Usenet dying off due to many ISP's no longer even offering the service.

Reply to
Steve Kucera

Agree, not many questions to share knowledge about. It used to be different. I use to (when I am not too busy with work) follow the questions and answer, when I feel I have something new to contribute with (but usually someone has already answered with what I know).

Good to you are around all the time.

BenzWorld.org seems to be quite active now (it used not to be that way). Maybe thats where people have gone.

Reply to
Jens

or maybe blogs somewhere? blogs just don't do it for me

Reply to
mercs

The problem with those forums is that they separated to chassis type or even specific model type... I can't be 10 different forums within the same website to check for new postings.

Blogs I have seen is very specific and limited to personal experiences...

Newsgroup is actually the best to see everything at one shot. There should be a wiki for all technical problems but this also takes enormous time and commitment to fill.

Even when I google for some technical helps... I had to sort through tons of limited search in order to find specidic answer... it is really a crapshoot... especially when they archive their posts.

Reply to
Tiger

I agree with your view on the spread at the site. That is also why I preferred this forum.

And earlier the questions there were often not that interesting (do you like this an that better than....) and technical answers (with the exception of a few good guys like yourself) were not that qualifie. At least not when I was in the situation of needing answers.

But right now, there is some good discussions going on (I am mainly in the W140 forum).

Reply to
Jens

Tiger ha scritto:

Is it an actual problem? I mean... there are tons of newsgroups filled up with any sort of non-pertinent information, trolls etc. that I really don't feel the need to fill up empty space. When someone is posting an interesting question, quite frequently he gets an answer here. This is a really good ng in my opinion!

Reply to
Cordy