1979 240 D

I purchased vehicle yesterday from new neighbor, great condition. Looked up bluebook value and nothing earlier than 1988 posted for value price,. How do I know besides going with price I payed to know how much to resell it. In concern that it may take money in keeping it running in the next year . I dont know Im niave when it comes to this but I went on intuition and good background of the car.great condition today! shape that What is the reasonable cost in owning i the little cutie. ?I would like to get a year out of it but no one has a crystal ball... Whats up with the diesel gas prices???

Reply to
rainbownow

Goto NADAGUIDES, look for classic cars. low $3350, avg5275, high

7425 retail

Keep in mind, even the low is for a car that is either restored or well maintained, presentable, paint in good condition, fully functional, etc.

If it's a running rust bucket, then it's anybody's guess. You could also search for past sales on Ebay.

As for cost of running it, with a car that age, too many variables. We don't know the mileage, original or new engine, etc. The engines generally go 250K-300K miles. Routine maintenance is inexpensive.

Reply to
trader4