1982 240d a/c fan

Ok, I've heard it's impossible and I've heard it's easy. What's the real story on how hard it is to replace the air conditioner/heater fan on a 1982 240d?
If there are any tricks or tips, I'd be most appreciative. Thanks in advance.
Thake off the passenger side underdash and you will see the fan - unscrew the screws and fan will fall out (watch your head), Mitch