1984 500sel euro light wiring Help !

Hi all, I just bought a 1984 500sel, and it was missing the headlights. I bought a set of euro lights from a guy, He rather butchered up the ends of the headlight chassis wires.
He cut the inside wires in the headlights themselvesI have the turn signals working fine, bought new bulbs, and installed them but have no idea where the wires coming out of the harness go on the headlights. There are 4 wires color coded as follows, brown purple white with a black stripe, and yellow. On the headlight halogen bulb, there are three wires, one white, one yellow and one brown. the brown one has a jumper on it. I am assuming that goes to the fog light. Would you know where the wires go ?? I have them toggled in right now. The pins on the headlight themselves are useless right now as they have been cut. Thanks ahead, Jim www.benzbay.com
Why do people do this?
The connectors for the headlights (and many other things on a 126 chassis) are meant to be serviced. The plastic shell opens up and you can remove the individual wires each of whcih has a silver plated barrel connector. You can move them around in the connector and the upgrade from US lights to Euro lights can be made with cutting a single wire.
You need ther schematic for this model. It might be the same as my 300Sd but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.
I know they do, I know the conectors open, at this point the pins on the main headlight assmbley's are useless, unless I can take the whole housing apart and rewire them. I know I need a schematic, thats why I am posting here ,

It is simple... you don't even need schematic. With a voltmeter, you can figure out which wire is which... brown is ground... the other three wires are low beam, high beam and foglight.
As for the headlight unit, use ohmmeter to find out which wire is which.
You will need 6 holes plugs... Don't worry about the 5th plug... that is for city light the little one above the headlight unit. You can wire it up to low beam with a splice or just leave it disconnected.
Dear Tiger, Thank you , Thats what I needed to know wether or not the brown was ground, and whch were the low beam and high beam. Thanks again, Jim

for

I have the scematics - anybody with the 126CD does, but I'm not at home right now and don't have access to them.