Wiring Help

I'm about to pull my hair out !!! 74 Std Bug....typical chopped up wiring from PO..... I bought a new harness and the key is in German !! So, did my best using the net to translate but the wiring diagram is just horrible to read.

I did find a beautiful diagram at

can only get one side of the page to print out. Guess it's just not my day. Anyone out there have any ideas on where to get a good diagram I can print out....or even better, how to get the above picture to print out right ???

Thanks, Susan

74 Std Bug
Reply to
Susan S.

Maybe just save the picture to your hard drive:

then use whatever image viewer you have to try to print it outfrom there? Maybe you'll have to resize it first?

Reply to
Shaggie

Shaggie is right. Save the pic to your drive, then open it in a photo viewer, etc. to resize and print.

BUT.......that link gives you a dwg for a '67VW. Not much help for your '74.

has diagrams for every year. But the good diagrams for '74 have German notation:-( The site also has lesser quality diagrams in English. Look for the ones marked "en". They are more pictorial, if a bit sketchy.

Good luck.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Try

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Looks like the diagrams in my shop manual. Can you save the graphic to your harddrive and print it using a graphics program?

What kind of graphics programs do you have? Paintshop Pro? Adobe Photoshop? If you want I could email you that graphic chopped into 4 pieces, then you could print them out and paste them together.

Anyhow, isn't that diagram for a 67?

You ought to go to a used book store and get one of those orange VW shop manuals.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Susan S, I'm going to get on to your bone wagon if you don't start asking me for Help! I have all the illustrations/ wiring diagrams you will need for your VW! I even had it enlarged so that even an old man like me can read it! Remember I just completely rewired the '76 .....so ax me now while my memory is still fresh. :) Could have given the wiring digram at our last meeting! Grrrr.

"Wild" Bill and "Blondie" Tucker

President and First Lady Rare Air VW Club Pensacola, FLorida

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug "The Grape"

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic, "Blondies' Car"

'67 Squareback

Rare Air VW Club Website:

or

Wild Bill

Ok ! Ok !! I just have a tendency to get so bogged down in this stuff I forget you are so close and almost always have the help I need ;-) But I always remember the great folks here on the newsgroup are quick to help out every time, and I couldn't be more thankful for that.

When could I snag a copy of that diagram ? Brian's trying to get his harness into his rod this week and I'll be doing mine very soon. I'm always in town running around and so is Brian. Just let me know and once again.....I'd owe you big time LOL !!!

( And for those wondering....Brian's my son who is converting several bugs into one very cool rat-rod type thingie.....Not sure what you would call it...but very cool !!!)

2 More windows and Betty is ready for paint !! Woo Hoo !!!

Susan

74 Std "Betty"
Reply to
Susan S.

"Susan S." wrote

Pictures?

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

Ok.....I'm still working on our web pages so this is just thrown together....but here's some shots of his car a few weeks ago.....(the roof is now long gone).

Susan

74 Std "Betty"
Reply to
Susan S.

HHHhhmmmm, reminds me very much of a Swedish car that has been around/under construction for a few years, wonder if he ever saw those pic's? :o)

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg