Help with wiring on Chinese scooter

I don't know whether this is OT or not but I've acquired a 125 scooter engi ne to put into a go-cart (a bit of an overkill, but there you go). Trouble is all the wiring has been removed. I've got another loom but it's a heck o f a job to decide what plugs into what. Anyone got any bright ideas for me? Or even a wiring diagram - with colours. I've got s Haynes 'Chinese scoote rs' manual, but it doesn't have a wiring diagram.

Reply to
cryptogram

I don't know whether this is OT or not but I've acquired a 125 scooter engine to put into a go-cart (a bit of an overkill, but there you go). Trouble is all the wiring has been removed. I've got another loom but it's a heck of a job to decide what plugs into what. Anyone got any bright ideas for me? Or even a wiring diagram - with colours. I've got s Haynes 'Chinese scooters' manual, but it doesn't have a wiring diagram.

Well, so far we've got that it's a 125 and it's Chinese. I think we might need a trifle more information than that be of any help to you.

Reply to
Tarcap

Yes, fair comment. I simply wanted to introduce the topic to see if anyone knew anything about them. It seems to me that if you have a 125 it'll be much the same as anyone else's 125. Mine's a Direct Bikes 125. About three years old (not sure).

Reply to
cryptogram

Should be fairly straightforward. Carb, presumably? So there's probably just the ignition pickup to wire up to the control box and then the HT side. Electric starter? If so, maybe there's a side-stand or neutral light safety interlock on that.

OK, so you know the UK importer whose brand is actually stuck to it.

If they can't help with a wiring diagram, then you'll be best off finding out who actually made it.

Alternatively, one of the third party parts suppliers might be able to help.

20Bikes.php

Reply to
Adrian

I had a Lefan 125, and found the dealer (effectively the importer) very helpful - sent a comprehensive maintenance manual FOC.

Reply to
RJH

gine to put into a go-cart (a bit of an overkill, but there you go). Troubl e is all the wiring has been removed. I've got another loom but it's a heck of a job to decide what plugs into what. Anyone got any bright ideas for m e? Or even a wiring diagram - with colours. I've got s Haynes 'Chinese scoo ters' manual, but it doesn't have a wiring diagram.

Thanks for your replies, guys. I'm working on it

Reply to
cryptogram