1986 300e can use Mustang oxygen sensor?

Quote from a thread in MB club of America

---------------------- And I thought it was hard to change the O2 sensor. Took me about 30 min. That includes jacking up the car, placing jack stands, re-wiring, (used O2 sensor for the '90 Mustang :p )etc. Next will be the easy part. Wires , cap and rotor which I have not checked the condition yet. Then we will see if the mileage will improve. :)

----------------------

Any comments ?

Thanks

Reply to
SR

Should have done the normal tune-up stuff first.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

I think the oxygen sensor replacement solved his major problem.

Can anyone confirm that the 90 Mustang GT O2 sensor can be used (costs about a third as much as the Benz one)

Reply to
SR

I can't confirm it (and I could be completely wrong), but I *believe* what they were referring to was the Bosch three-wire universal oxygen sensor. You might be able to pick one up at a place like Autozone and ask them if it will work. Then do a stare-and-compare on your current sensor. Looking around the part number seems to be 250-23000.

Josh

Reply to
Josh