1997 E420 Tires

Appreciate some opinions on the current thinking and groups experiences regarding the best tires for MB. I have been running Continentals since I bought this car on StarMark 4 yrs ago and they
are OK but not great. Had several blowouts in the beginning with them, but since the first six months appear to run OK. Also I am bit concerned about wear. They have been on for about 40K miles and now need to replaced. Never a fan of Continental, early prejudice growing up always felt they were a cheap tire, but at the time of car purchase, everyone beginning w/ MB was pushing them. In my previous MBs always had Michelin and never had a problem.
Thanks for your thoughts on this.
It really depends on what you want out of it... If you are like most people who wants only all-season tires... then the best of this 'mediocre' all season range is probably what is rated the best in Tirerack.com... alot of information can be had there for free.
If you want all-weather tire that has very very strong snow and ice traction, then there is only one tire to buy... the Nokian Hakka WR.
If you want best performance of three season plus separate winter tire, then I'd go for General Exclaim UHP for summer and Nokian Hakka RSi. This is what I setup my folk's '01 E320.
Michelin is high priced and very very mediocre performance. It has to be very mediocre performance to get the better mileage tire... such as their Energy tires...
Hi, I do 90% highway drive with Fuzion tires on E430. I tried other expensive tires but I like these so far. -Mo-