2002 S500 knocking/rattling around front-left drive side.

I just purchased a 2002 S500 and have since noticed a knocking and rattling noise under the left-front of the vechicle about the passenger side of the vechicle. When I start the car, a knock can be
heard and then it comes and goes from time to time. Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? Any help would be great!