Left Front Sway bar link?

Hi Guys,

I too my '02 Maxima for an oil change and the nissan tech told me that I need to replace my left front sway bar link and it will cost me $150.

I can hear squeaking noise from the front left wheel, sometimes, when I trun. Is this something I should get it done? And does it need be via nissan tech? If so, is $150 appropriate charge or is he plan to rob me?

I dont know if it make any difference I have 75k+ miles on my car right now.

thank you very much in advance, BI

Reply to
bhai

Well it's about a $30-40 part and takes 10 minutes to install. You decide.

Reply to
JimV

wow!! really...so I was been taken for a ride...Is it something Midas Tech can do? I dont think I will be able to do it by my self.

Reply to
bhai

its only 2 bolts. they make it so car doesnt tip as easy, they are also know as anti sway bar end links

Reply to
john_m_johnson3

Although this may not be your problem, please raise your front tires on jack and then try to wiggle the tire/wheel for looseness. If it is loose, I am fairly certain the noise is due to the single hub nut becoming loose and backed up all the way to the cotter pin. On my 2002 Maxima and my wife's 2000, this has happened TWICE. I have filed a complain to the NHTSA on this safety issue. Many late model Max owners (googled) attributed their front end noise problems to sway bar, bearing, and other suspension components. I suspect the real problem is caused initially by this nut coming loose.

Reply to
cmdrdata