2007 S Class press release

http://www.mbusa.com/media/downloads/main/future/sclass/pr-s-class-20050620.pdf

After repeatedly explaining the creation of earth to us, Jeremy Clarkson wrote the following:

Making my living as a journalist, I wonder who told Mr. Clarkson that it is useful to write approx 50 lines of text before he finally targets the issue he is writing about;-)
But what really puzzles me: What happens when two new S-classes happen to meet each other on a road by night, both with dipped IR light blazing in the darkness. Is the Mercedes night vision system able to separate its own IR light from other car's IR light?
Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
It must be tough to be a journalist, always having to come up with something interesting to read.
Do you write for German publications?
.
Tasten:

I am member of the editorial staff of a magazine for internet professionals in Germany. Actually, currently I don't write too much myself, instead of that I work a lot on articles delivered by freelancers. In brief: It is my job to make a magazine out of a pile of manuscripts;-)
Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
That sounds like fun.
.
Just try Prof Google...
http://www.frank-kemper.de/index.htm
He's belting 'em out... ;-)
No, actually, this is his 'work home' AFAIK: http://www.internetworld.de/sixcms/detail.php?template=internetworld
DAS

Der Frank iss jo vun d'r schl sigg!!
John M.

But before that you should be aware, that there are more Frank Kempers in Germany than Dori Schmetterlings in UK;-) Try www.kemperzone.de instead;-)
Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
1) I did find your personal website when I asked some time ago but it did not come up easily this time. All those other Frank Kempers in Germany, plus some in the USA.
2) Of course there are more FKs than Dori Schmetterlings...the latter is UNIQUE.... :-)
DAS
"Frank Kemper" < snipped-for-privacy@gmx.de> wrote in message
Frank, if you read Jeremy Clarkson more often you see the answer. Fifty lines of text is nothing; JC might take a 100 to get to the immediate subject. It's the journey that's interesting. How much can you write about a Nissan Micra...?....
Plus, don't you think that straight reviews week after week can become a little tedious, both for the writer and the reader?
DAS

Living in Germany, I don't read him on printed paper. When I first noticed his column in the web, I read 20 of them in one rush. After that I was slightly fed up with that kind of style;-)
Besides this I was missing some firm information about what he experienced during his ride. He mentioned the IR night vision system, but all he mentioned sounded to me as if he did not try out the thing himself. I don't have anything against a writer being a philosopher at all, but if one test drives a car whic can very well be regarded as one of the most important new entries in the 2005 car market, maybe I would like to read a litte bit more about how the driving was than 5 lines out of 100;-)
Okay, it is a matter of taste, and he does not want me to publish his manuscript;-)

Citroen - Made in Trance
I get the Sunday Times, so I get JC twice a week, once in the Driving section and once in the News Review and comment section. You have to read him as he comes, and I would not want to read 20 of his pieces in one sitting. Sometimes his style irritates me, but on the whole I enjoy it. Hence I watch Top Gear on BBC TV quite often. But if he appears in a general talk show I am not so enthusiastic.
When he used to mention Bernd Pischetsrieder (when at BMW) he used to call him Burnt Fishtrousers..., which I find amusing, but sometimes he expresses anti-foreigner opinions which, though meant to be funny in the context of his articles, I find a little on the edge of good taste.
Actually he is entirely non-technical, according to his own admission, so he is not the right person for in-depth technical data, but he certainly knows how to drive a car. I read every one of JC's car review articles, but only because his journey is via "the pretty way".
The One-and-Only-DAS
PS. I take it you were on holiday...?...