220 TE Intermittent failure; No solutions found

My car (W124) either dies when coming to stops on deceleration such as coming to a stop sign or roundabout.
It then will fail to start for 3-5 minutes.
As long as its left for 3-5 minutes it will restart 1st time The engine will crank but not start. It will also not start after turning the engine off for a short period. Again 3-5 minutes and restart first time. I have replaced the fuel pump relays.
My dealer cannot find the fault as it is completely intermittent and has been happening for about a year and is charging 79.00 per hour just to look.
Has anyone else had this sort of experience.
Thanks Sam
Sounds like a heat related electrical failure, any difference as outside temperatures are now lower? If so I'd look at the ignition components, otherwise I'd bite the bullet and install a new fuel pump.
Such problems are solved, unfortunately, by eliminating possibilities, not by deduction.