220 TE UK (W124) Wont restart for 2 minutes

I have some more clues to my ongoing saga;

My car dies whilst coming to a stop or even at very low speeds (such as a traffic queue) If my car dies or if I turn it off whilst in Drive or Neutral, the car will not restart for 2 minutes. The engine cranks fine however. If I turn it off from the Park position I have no problem.

I have deactivated the alarm / immobiliser using the key in the glove compartment. I have replaced the fuel pump relays.

Any ideas from detectives out there welcomed. Thanks for all the ideas so far

Reply to
SamH

Check the Over Voltage Relay.. They suffer from cold/brittle solder joints. Next time it stalls, give the relay a few light taps and try starting. There has been an upgrade in the part. Not sure of location on RHD, but LHD is behind the panel rear of battery

Reply to
AJDalton7