Intermittent ignition failure

Hi,

I have a 1988 944S. Recently the ignition system has failed 3 times but has fixed itself soon after. After the most recent failure I had it towed to Refined Motorsports but it was working again when it got there...it failed again while they had it but there was only time for them to check out the coil, ignition module, dme relay and crank sensors before it got it's spark back again. Thinking it was almost certainly the dme unit itself, I sent it to Systems Consulting (systemsc.com) in California for remanufactuing. They checked the unit out and say there is nothing wrong with it......I feel as if I'm between a rock and a hard place.......

Any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

David Barkworth

snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca

Reply to
David Barkworth

always park facing downhill :)

Reply to
The Queen of Cans and Jars

How about some more details...do you get a crank, no spark? How is the condition of the distributor cap? They are not supposed to go bad, but do.

Reply to
Devils944

I had the same problem with my '87 and it ended up being the DME relay was loose in the socket....FWIW

Reply to
TheMan

This is typical of dodgy DME relay, replace it with new version part No. starting 993. Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²