240d has problem shutting off...

I have an 81 240 which quite quiting when I take out the key. I think it has something to do with the cold weather and the vacuum line to the injector. Has
anybody had this problem before? If you could give me any input I would appreciate it. I really don't want to try to tear more apart than I have to in the cold weather! Thanks
If you have your idle turned all the way up, try turning it down a bit. My engine tends to not want to turn off if i have it idle'd at max in cold weather.

something to do with the cold weather and the vacuum line to the injector. Has anybody had this problem before? If you could give me any input I would appreciate it. I really don't want to try to tear more apart than I have to in the cold weather!

The engine's shut down is done by a vacuum powered bellows inside the injection pump. A vacuum leak somewhere in the car, probably a door lock, reduces the vacuum to the point of no engine shut down. Try locking the doors before shutting down the engine; that sometimes helps the shut down and confirms the door lock leak.
Alternatively, the shut down device could be worn out and full of lube oil. It's on the aft end of the injection pump; I believe a brown vacuum line is attached to it.