Peugeot 306 Boot shutting problem

Hi, I just bought a 306 and have noticed in the few times this week that I have used the boot that it is difficult to shut. Just trying to shut it gently doesn't work, it needs a real slam, and when I say a real slam I mean lots of pressure - I have never experienced this on a car before

Can someone who owns one of these cars tell me if the catch on the door that lifts up on the boot is supposed to be quite loose, mine wobbles a fair bit and I think this might be causing the problem. Should it be very tight? How can I go about fixing it?

Cheers Dazza

Reply to
:: Dazza ::

Had this problem on an Astra it was the last owner replaced the boot seal and it wasn't fitted correctly - could well be the same problem

Martin

Reply to
Marty1a