engine shutting off at low RPM

Hi guys,

I have a Nissan Altima (year 2002). Recently I have started having problem where the car would stall at low RPM, or while stopping at the traffic lights. I think the issue might be with the timing belt tensioner. Any ideas?

Gracious, Sarah

Reply to
Sarah Haff

I've been having the same problem. It started last week. I needed to take it in for 60k service and told dealership about it. There were a couple of recall issues that they thought might be the cause of the problem. Well, it wasn't. It is still doing it, it also hesitates when accelerating. Got home and took off the plastic engine cover and heard a rather loud hissing noise coming from around the intake manifold. Wondering if yours has been fixed and if so what the hell was it?

Reply to
echomanrog

i have been looking at a 96 with a similar problem. dealer determined the prob to be a leaking intake manifold gasket. 8 hrs of shop time and a $53 gasket. in IL about a $800 fix. i can do the labor myself so we'll see on price?

Reply to
rocketscience