300E A/C question

I live in Houston, and I purchased a 87 300E while back.
Replaced A/C Compressor, hoses, drier, expansion value and the car never really cools that well.
On the 87 300E what Outside/Inside temperature differential should I expect to get in a super high humidity climate.
I am hoping someone living in a similar climate with a 87 300E could respond with their outside and inside temperatures, so I can know rather to give or not.
I am thinking that perhaps,due to Germany being in a cold climate, Mercedes Benz never perfected A/C, and I should not expect much out the car.
Who did the charging of freon? What freon did you use R12 or R134a? Did you evacuate the system before charging?
A Mercedes Benz automotive shop and used R12
The R12 charge amount is correct

Then you must have a heater valve problem... letting in too much heater work against your A/C. And make sure your recirculator switch is off.
if it blows cold at the first start up of the day but gets a bit warmer in a short time then its water sneaknig into the heater or a damper door opening a bit
case
My 1989 300E with 120,000 miles blows ice cold air if I want it to.
My 89 300E just got converted to 134a and it does not blow "ice cold" just cool. I understand R12 blows much colder than R134a.
iain
On 7/15/04 4:19 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com, "Chuckyg"

You shouldn't notice a very big difference between 12 and 134. Did they also replace the pressure switches during the conversion?

one thing you can say about US cars they have much better AC & HEATERS.
my 73 OLDS TORNADO ran circles around any new AUTO unit sold then & now from MB.
case
pool man wrote:

Strange, back then, MB was using a GM/Frigidaire A/C system, at least on their V8's.
its not what its blowing its where and the control system.
RR used American compressors and the like on there cars also!
if your blowing frost in my face when all i want is to defog my windows the MB people are all wet!
also full heat when the system goes weird? not smart!
now i will say its about the only thing the American car makers do well.
but my OLDS could also climb trees in the snow
case
My old Chrysler 1989 New Yorker, could make you get out to warm up if you set it on max cooling! ....and thats no lie! Chrysler Air conditioning was, and is world class,... weak spot was plastic parts in critical wear points (vent door hinges) It was a kind of icy, damp, intense cold Look for the same on future Mercedes
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (r parris) wrote

I take it then that you are not familiar with the early (1970's) Chrysler ATC (Automatic Temperature Control) system that made it's way into the 1978-1980 300SDs. My 300SD Climate Control Servo has failed three times and Mercedes bought the parts straight from Chrysler.
Bob Moore
Hi
I have a 280E 24v 1993 and the inside temp goes as low as 10degreesC - outside temp 25-30.

All 124 body A/C units produce freezing cold air when charged with R12. If the system has been converted to R134 it takes longer and doesn't get freezing. When the car has been sitting in hot sun, it will take a while for the hot metal parts to be cooled by the refrigerant. The difference in condenser size has much to do with this. The condenser in the early 124 ('86-'93) is much larger than the newer E-Class. The smaller condenser cools off faster and cold, dry air follows. P.