300E A/C Blower Motor

'86 300E

My elderly folks gave me their '86 300E to repair a nonworking A/C blower motor. I replaced blower control unit in my '92 300TE and thought it might be the same problem.

- The voltages at the control unit plug (yellow/black - behind the power steering unit) looked good (I failed to check the 12v red!!!)

- The blower itself was seized but I freed it up and it seemed to run fine on direct 12V.

- I replaced the blower control unit and the blower did not work.

- I traced the problem to no voltage (red should be 12v) at the black-red-yellow conrol connector behind the power steering unit.

Any assistance with the source of the red 12v appreciated. The car has automatic climate control. I considered running 12V fdirect rom the fuse box but was concerned as the wire became fairly hot.

Thx Chip L

Reply to
Chip L