300E Center Muffler

My center muffler has a hole in the rear connector pipe. Do you have any recommendations about replacement. I can do the work but what brand is the best value. I will probably have the car for another 50k miles or 5
years. Also, where should I buy ? thanks
If one muffler is falling apart, the rest of the system's probably pretty close to. I bought a stainless system (ferritta) for my (late) 300E. Slightly cheaper than stock, but with an awsome sound =) Not louder, but nicer IMHO.

It's hard to argue with the quality of Mercedes OEM (Eberspaecher) exhaust components. Just look how long the last system lasted...
Ron http://germanstar.net

My center muffler and rear silencer died at 150k. Not bad I guess. That includes 4 yrs in Minnesota, some time in Missouri, and the rest of its life here in Colorado. Snow and road grit. I went with MB OEM parts. Sometimes I wish I would have investigated a different setup maybe for better exhaust sound and a few extra horsepower. My exhaust makes almost zero sound with new parts. Nice, in its own tranquil way. I can hear the birds twitter when my car is running.
J 1990 300TE 200k miles
I just replaced a complete muffler system from the exhaust manifold to the tail muffler and all bolts, hangers, and rubber donuts (1981 240D).
I ordered the complete system from a Napa auto parts store for $208.00 (Walker brand) and ordered manifold donut for the header pipe ($15.00 including shipping).
Sounds great, fits great, $130.00 in total labor.
It started as a DIY, but I could not break the exhaust manifold nuts;