Radio removal in 1989 420 SEL?

How do I remove the radio in an 1989 420 SEL? I have the ashtray out. What's next?

Reply to
Cigar Havana

If I recall, you pull out the ashtray, then remove the ashtray housing (screws in the back), then you can reach up though the opening and slide out the radio.

Reply to
Scott D

Scott,

There are two spring clips on the bottom of the radio that you will need to release.

Best resource on the web for MB radios: The "Becker Board" at

Jack

Reply to
JR