300E TDC sensor

I just the engine back in my 1990 300E, and there is one wire I can't connect. One end goes to a sensor on top of the crankshaft pulley, which I have identified as the TDC
sensor. There doesn't seem to be an empty socket anywhere to take the other end of this wire.
The wire has a plug in a half-oval shape with three wires.
I know it sounds like a stupid question, but anyone know where this thing goes?
Thanks.
Kent
It goes into the plug connector where you plug in an engine tuning machine (SUN or HERMAN). The black plug on the left, inner wing (RHD) with the screw on cap. It doesn't actually plug into any other wires.