1990 300E

The "check engine" light comes on in my 90 300E when the car is not running and the key is removed. When the car starts, the light goes out. Can anyone offer a cause or suggestion... Thanks

Reply to
David Mckinty

Sounds like someone messed up on the bulb placement... that should have been for alternator trouble light... It sounds to me that your alternator regulator is shot... or the alternator itself is bad.

Reply to
Tiger