300sd cranks and wont start.

Group, Well I have my new used engine in my car now. All went well but can't get it to start. It cranks but no starting. I have cracked the fittings at the injectors and get spurts of fuel coming out when the
motor is cranked. The fuel is seven months old, could this be the problem? Also there is some question about vacuum lines being correct. I have tried to start the motor with out any lines hooked to the injection pump. To eliminate any question about the lines can some one tell me what to do with the four vacuum conections found on the injection pump until I can get a vacuum line schematic? Can I expect the motor to start without any lines attached?
Thanks, Bruce Buchanan snipped-for-privacy@the-i.net najurb
Given the fuel at the injectors it should start. Old fuel is OK.
But what about the glow plugs, are they working??
Check the fuse link on the glow plug relay - slide the plastic cover UP to expose it.