Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

New Diesel Engine
Is it still possible, as it once was, to purchase a factory new 617 5 cyl. diesel engine from Mercedes-Benz? I do not want a rebuilt engine or any after-market engine, but a factory original NEW...
3
3

heater
When I put on the heater on my 1989 560SEL, after a few moments it starts smelling like wires are burning! I had a heater issue about a year and a half ago and my mechanic (not a mb mechanic) said he...
1
1

W123 Cruise Control Problems
I installed cruise control on my 230CE. It has the wiring harness and amplifier from a 1982 300D and the actuator on the engine is from a 84 190E. The engine is from the 190E. It doesn't work as well...
8
8

E Class 2010
Drool... think somebody posted pics here before but I thought this gallery looks nice. Not dramatic, just classy. Good thing it's 2010, otherwise they'd sell only three-and-a-half a month in this...
5
5

240D door lock problem
Hi all, First time posting here. I have a quirky door lock problem on my 1980 240D. - Vacuum system seems to work. I can lock and unlock all of the door from the *inside* by pushing down/pulling up on...
2
2

what brand of shocks is good for *87 420?
hello, my friend may have to change shocks on his car. I saw gabriel shocks on his car and I have to say they were a bit hard. What brand/model shock gives a nice (plush but firm) ride on these cars?...
2
2

1982 240D water leak
I have an interior leak that causes water to come into the passenger side of my 1982 240D. After unplugging all drain holes and cleaning out leaves and needles from the hood and trunk it still leaks....

1994 MB 300 idle surges when cold
It will start fine, but with no accelerator input the engine will run up to over 1000, you will hear a solenoid or switch kick in, the rpm will cut, sometimes stalling the engine, sometimes not, then...
4
4

1991 MB 300E - Heater and Power Antenna don't work
So, my '91 300E runs nicely once again. BUT... First, no heat. All the switches on the heater panel seem to work; fan switches do their thing, center buttons and defrost switch seem okay, and rotator...
8
8

door locks in 1979 280se
Hi all, I've had a problem with my door locks, was sticking one day and when I applied force, it seemed to snap over, now key has no effect on door lock at all. Any thoughts on how to reset this? Or...
1
1

Managerial Post vacancies if any field
I am Praise Abraham the Managing Director of a construction Company having over 15 years of work expereince both in the field of Construction & Stock broking in India. I shall send my detailed resume...

Water and Coolant mix ratios question
What's the effect of a more concentrated coolant/water mix? Too much water seems obvious, but what about more coolant? MB coolant suggests 50/50 and 55/55. If car runs in a hot environment, would...
4
4

1994 E420 running rough after 15 min---and overheating issues---- Resolved
Here's a follow-up..... When car ran rough I attached a timing light and checked each single spark plug wire (from front of engine leading to distributors) and noticed intermittent firing from wires...
1
1

Directional tires?
How does one address the directional aspect of a tire when it comes to the spare? How critical is it? Can you run a spare backwards long enough to fix the flat or will running backwards cause rapid...
5
5

93 300E doors locked when connecting battery
...key is in ignition, but I'm locked out. Is there a way of unlocking from under the hood? TIA
12
12