450sel

We have a 1975 450sel. And we have been having problems with it starting when its hot. It will crank for about 4 seconds before firing and then it sputters and still dosn't start, after a minute or two of
cranking it will start, but it still sputters and sometimes dies. Does anyone have any answers? Thanks
Excess fuel is the first thought. You can verify this by stepping on the gas pedal a bit while cranking it to open the throttle and give the motor some air. It will fire sooner.
Why it's "flooding" is related to its fuel injection system (of which I'm NOT an expert); others my be able to help there.

Vapour lock. Hold the throttle down when crankling.