i have a toyota corolla 1975 with vacuum problems

i have just put in a rebuilt carb and i don't know where all the vacuum hoses go does anybody have a diagram of this or can anybody help me?

Reply to
james b via CarKB.com

Isn't there a sticker with a diagram under the hood?

In the future, if you do not have a vacuum hose diagram, use tape to mark the hoses and ports - hose "A" goes to port "A", hose "B" goes to port "B," and so on. Then when you get the replacement carb, use the markings on the old one to mark the replacement one and then reconnecting the hoses is easy.

Reply to
Ray O

Well, I can't really help you but my curiosity is killing me...how in the name of God did you get into this mess?...you surely didn't just yank all the lines off the old one did you?

Reply to
Gord Beaman

no the sticker was taken off before i got the car and the carb is a different year then the car the engine is also a different year its a 74 the car is a

75 if you can provide any more information that you can give me i would aprciate it thanks
Reply to
james b via CarKB.com

Reply to
james b via CarKB.com

Sorry, I don't have access to the info you need. You will need the vacuum port info for either a 74 or 75.

Reply to
Ray O

thanks any way i am going to research this i just thought someone had the diagram

Ray O wrote:

Reply to
james b via CarKB.com

"Ray O" wrote in news:d3098$42dff816$44a4a10d$ snipped-for-privacy@msgid.meganewsservers.com:

I wonder if

would go back that far?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"james b via CarKB.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@CarKB.com:

What sort of symptoms are you experiencing?

Where are you located, and what markets were your car, carb, and engine made for? The vacuum requirements are somewhat different for all, with California being almost surreal-y complex.

I have some diagrams for 1975 which I can dig up.

Reply to
TeGGeR®