560 SEC-convertible

I saw one in the supermarket parking lot. Appears to be the 126 chassis but a drop top. Is this an aftermarket conversion? Badge on trunk lid read 560 SEC.

Reply to
Chas Hurst

Yes.

Reply to
Jan

"Chas Hurst" haute in die Tasten:

Back in the 80's several companys offered convertible conversions for the W126. Currently the only company I know ist Bähr (a.k.a. Baehr) in Hagen/Germany. Unfortunately they do not have a homepage nor an e- mail address. They frequently place tiny ads in magazines for classic cars. Their latest ad says that a conversion of a W126 coupé costs

8.200 euros (approx. 10.000 US$). If you are interested, this is their phone number: +49(0)2231-2106. They also convert W123, W111 and /8-Coupé.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

I especially remember SGS, Styling Garage Schenefeld, a small company in the Hamburg area. And there was also bb Auto Exklusiv from Frankurt/Main. Plus ABC from Bonn and Koblenz - and surely more companies whose names don't come into my mind spontaneously.

I like that - because I do not like companies who abuse older cars for stylish (and very often not best-quality) conversions as this further reduces the number of good cars remaining.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .