6 cyl diesel transmission

I have an 87 300d with the 6 cyl diesel and the transmission may be going out (it's got 220,000 miles on it). I may have access to a 1987 300sdl with a freshly rebuilt transmission and I wonder if they are interchangeable?

Reply to
Dan Streb

Wouldn't it be easier just to have the original transmission rebuilt? I paid around $1400 for my 87 300D's transmission to be rebuilt and valve body to be replaced... these transmissions should be good for 500k + miles with one (maybe two) rebuilds in that time.

Not sure about the transmission swap...

Mike

Reply to
Mike "Rotor" Nowak