74 240D tachometer

I have a 74 240D, and I was thinking about installing a tachometer A few questions ...
1) Aside from being able to match revs on the downshift, is there any
other advantage to having a tach?
2) Is this relatively easy or hard to install? Also, do I need an MB tach or can I use a generic?
Unrelated - I'm also looking for safety equipment parts, like seat belt buckles (male and female ends). Does MB have a lifetime warranty on such parts (I know Honda (shudder) does)? If not, where can I find such esoteric parts other than scouring junkyards?
Thanks!
74 240D tachometer
1) Aside from being able to match revs on the downshift, is there any other advantage to having a tach? 2) Is this relatively easy or hard to install? Also, do I need an MB tach or can I use a generic? Unrelated - I'm also looking for safety equipment parts, like seat belt buckles (male and female ends). Does MB have a lifetime warranty on such parts (I know Honda (shudder) does)? If not, where can I find such esoteric parts other than scouring junkyards? Thanks! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a tach in my opinion is not needed.
there are good places for used parts just look here
case
the case, minus a few cans!