86 300sdl window motor clicks but wont run

The passenger side window on my 86 300sdl makes a very soft click when I press the button but won't go down. There is a slight drain on power (lights dim slightly)
when window button is pressed so I know the circuit is working. I already removed door panel, tapped at the motor and wires, to no avail. I was told the window motors don't usually wear out, but my guess is I need a new motor ($150). Is there anything else I can try before replacing it? Thanks,
-- Jeff
There is a white plastic sliding guide (don't remember if this is the correct name) embedded in the metal channel. The plastic is broken and stuck in the channel. The part is fairly cheap, about $5. But you need to get the regulator out of door. The guide is riveted onto the regulator. Be careful when putting it on or you can break it easily. Buy an extra just for in case.