86 Window

Someone broke the drivers window of my 86 and I'd like to know what it will cost me to have it replaced (labor) and could a mechanical retard like myself attempt it? Should I leave it to the pro's?

Reply to
flash79930

if you have never done it ? I would take it to a pro..

my2¢

Reply to
'Key

Take it to a pro..adjusting that window is a bitch..glass is expensive..also get the insurance co to pay..Cost is about $200-$300 for a pro to do it.( you do of course have insurance )

Reply to
Redbull

Reply to
flash79930 via CarKB.com

If you already have the glass, you might as well do it yourself. There are only 2 bolts going through the glass, believe it or not. Take the door panel off and you'll move the window up/down until you can get to the "bolts". unscrew them, put the new window in, screw them down. Have a helper or two hold the window, it's heavy and could really do damage (on yourself) if you let it fall when working on it.

Reply to
larrybud2002