87 300E Stuck in second gear

Hi all, I just picked up a 1987 300E with 187k on it. Runs great, except the trans doesn't seem to want to shift into third. Reverse works fine, and I can drive in second, but that's it. Won't go into third whether it's
in D or 3... Fluid is clean/proper level... is there a vacuum connection(s) to check? I bought it knowing it had this problem, but would like to eliminate the possibility of an easy (cheap) fix..... Thanks, great board here!
GotTheBends wrote:

and
it's
May want to check the kickdown switch (under the gas pedal). If it is stuck closed the car may not upshift. Happened in my SD. Good Luck ! Todd
Darn! I was hoping that was it.. no luck..is there a tranny primer somewhere? I'd like to read up on them..
even the least little bit of dirt, lint ETC will mess up an MB Tranny.
my owners man says to use a leather wipe to check the dip stick <82 300 SD> it may pay to change the filter and all the fluid.
the case, minus a few cans!

What's a "leather wipe"?
On 2005-04-11 00:35:33 -0700, "Orc General"

Use your imagination.
your belt
lint it one of the larfest killers of the trannys. rags paper towels ETC
the case, minus a few cans!