1987 300E Thermostat stuck open?

Hi

I have a funny feeling that my thermostat is stuck open and was wondering if there is any simple test to determine if it is open>

I just drove home about 35 miles doing 70 mph on the freeway. The gauge never got above 60C, the weather here is 52F = 11C

I would expect the gauge to go up to at least 80 or 90C

Does the 197 300E run this cold or is the thermostat stuck open and the car never heats up?

Thanks

Reply to
Tube Audio

Thermostat is definitely broken... not stuck open. MB thermostat when not working right either has been modified by drilling holes or is broken... Change it as soon as possible.

Reply to
Tiger

You're correct; the motor needs a new thermostat.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach