? About "vacuum" pwr. locks..

I have a '88 560 sel, it has door locks that you pull up on the front ones and a few seconds after the other door locks go up or down. I think it's called vacuum locks, do you know if those can work with a remote??
it just came with a set of keys. Thank you,
Y.D., Warren, Michigan
I would think so, though I personally have not done so.
The vacuum elements inside both front doors also has the electric switch that turns on the vacuum pump (inside the spare tire compartment). The wiring probably go along the outside edge of the passenger side floor (or working directly at the pump). The trick is to figure out how to send the correct signal. I believe it is to reverse the polarirty of the voltage. Remember that it is vacuum to lock the door and pump to unlock.
yard gnome wrote:

Yes, any aftermarket alarm installer can install the alarm and hook up electrically. No need for door lock actuator as your model year is all wired up electrically in addition to vacuum pump.
Older model... 85 and older need the door lock actuator to work.
yard gnome wrote:

There are after market remote kits for w124 and w201. You just connect a few wires that go to the vacuum pump underneath the back seat. I installed two of them in my w124 and the GF's w201. They work well. I haven't seen any available for w126s but perhaps it's just a matter of figuring out the correct wires.
Ximinez