Taurus PWR Steering ???

HI; Got a high mileage 97 Taurus [270K], runs great and the PWR steering is smooth when I first start it up, but after a while it sometimes tightens up, harder to turn, It can still be steered but it takes alot more effort. Fluid level looks OK. Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance

Reply to
WG

A 97 Taurus with 260K on the clock, curious. Go to any other brand NG and the folks there will tell you all brands, other then the one they drive, will fall apart as soon as the warranty expires. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You made Mike's day WG. He drives a new car every year and wonders why the rest of us suckers have to repair ours. Sounds like your rack may be going bad.

Reply to
Al Bundy

It's two years no one and no more expensive in the long run than keeping them till they need to be repaired. Best of all I never need to be worried about being stranded. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Anyone going to answer the request for advice?

And that's in kilo's, BTW, not miles.

:)

I suspect it's your fluid. Bet it leaks little to none and never been changed, and the PS pump gets noisier as it warms.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Every 2 yrs a new one?? and no more expensive!! LOL, not by a long shot. An average new car depreciates 8K the 1st yr, 5 or 6K the 2nd. So if my repair bills are less than 6k per year who,s ahead? My $600 rack is looking better than ever.

Reply to
WG

Couldn't agree more!

Reply to