ABS on a 1989 420 SEL

My ABS warning light comes on after I roll about 10 yds using normal acceleration. If rI oll really slowly, the light does not come on, nor does it come on when idling.
I understand from previous posts that I should clean the abs sensors on the front wheels, along with the teeth on the inside of the rotors. How do I clean the sensor and teeth? Do I have to take the caliper off and the disc? How can I remove the sensor and clean it? I removed the screw holding the sensor but the sensor did not move easily.
Joe

There is a good chance that one or both of the front ABS sensors must be replaced. The coaxial cables fray inside from constant flexing. Each time you drive the computer checks for electrical faults (like open or short circuits) and if it detects any, shuts off.
Not always easy to isolate the bad sensor by testing.
The cable to the sensor looks solid, no fraying. How do I remove the sensor from the protective plate? I removed the screw with a 5mm hex wrench but the sensor does not come out easily and I do not want to use too much force, it may break. Does it slide up or down? Also I see the protective plate, where the sensor is attached, is rusted, so I imagine some of those rust chips have fallen onto the teeth inside the rotor.

does
you
circuits)
Just pull outward hard, with some twist. Of course, holding the base, not the cable. The sensor slides in and out but the rust may make it difficult to slide.