akebono pad break in

I put new akebono pads on my 1984 300sd--the rotors were fine. I've read two different ways of breaking them in.
One place says break moderately for the first 500 miles.
Another recommends the hard breaking method where you go from 60 down to 10 seven or eight times.
Which one is right?
Jeff
Neither...
To use on existing rotors, it is best to scruff up the rotor (both side) as much as possible with sandpaper. Then drive on a highway... 40+MPH is alright... all you want o do is lightly ever so gently slow the car down 10MPH.. release the brake and then speed up again... repeat 3 more times and you are done. Drive normally as you would once you are done.
Akebono pads really does not need breake in period... they did it at the factory but to seat it with your rotor... follor the above method and that is it.