300sd hood pad

I just ordered a new hood pad for my 83 300sd, and I'm not sure what kind of glue to use to attatch it, can anyone help?

Reply to
anahataray via CarKB.com

Autoparts stores have 3M trim adhesive, which is what I used. I think I used the spray on version, though not 100% sure, since it was a long time ago.

Reply to
trader4

There is 2 different versions of the 3M spray trim adhesive: General -light duty and Super - heavy duty.

You want the heavy duty version. It is for hood pads and vinyl tops.

3M Super Trim Adhesive #08090

2nd one down here:

Karl
3M makes a product, look at its website for the name
Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Reply to
Darrell with DieselBenz.info

I wouldn't follow the advice on that website, which says to remove the hood and use 3M weatherstrip adhesive. Taking the hood off is the last thing I'd do, unless it was absolutely necessary, and to replace the pad, it isn;t. The website says to use a puddy knife? Is that what you eat pudding with? Also, Karl jogged my memory. The spray on

3m Super Trim Adhesive is what I used. You do need someone to help you, so you can get it positioned correctly.
Reply to
trader4

Remember to cover the engine compartment with a tarp or something before you begin to take the old one off.

Reply to
me

Reply to
Darrell with DieselBenz.info

Last time I checked, there is no such thing as a "puddy" knife. Which is why I asked if it was used to eat pudding. The correct term is putty knife.

Reply to
trader4

Reply to
Paul McKechnie