Alternator problems

1980 mercedes with a 1985 body style. There is no wire to the the alternator (small one with the female adapter) I cannot find out where it goes to install a new one. Does anyone have an electrical schematic for
this alternator? Or is there a website I can find one? Or better yet, does anyone know where this wire is supposed to go? new bateery did not help.
--
stephen

What was your problem that changing the battery did not cure?
There is normally one small wire to the alternator which feeds the charging lamp in the inst panel.
This lamp should come on when you turn on the ignition but before the engine starts, and go out when the engine is running.
If it is not present then some alternators will not start charging.
Some alternators have a second wire to feed the rev counter.
Alec