Blower Not Working

Hello... I went out in my car today and when I turned the "EC" switch on no air came out. I had the temp dial onto the red and I got nothing. I tried
hitting all of the buttons and nothing was working. THe AC will not work either.
No air is coming out. It worked fine yesterday...it was 72 degrees and I decided to test the AC for a few minutes and it was ice cold. Today it was 34 degrees and I wanted the heat/defroster; NOthing though. It sounds like it could maybe be a relay of some sort... Any help is greatly appreciated... Charlie- NJ
Your car... 300E the blower is in the front middle of the car... between the hood and windshield.
Check the fuse?
Might as well change the blower...
had that problem before with my '99 slk230, it turned out the the autumn leaves formed a dam that got in the blower motore electricals, had to have the motor replaced.

Possibly the debris blocks the air flow to the blower motor regulator (the Porcupine, which controls the blower speed electronically) so it burns out. Just by looking at the heat sink, you can tell how much heat it generates. I am not familiar with the SLK230, but the regulator in W124 is inside the blower motor housing. You need to take out the wiper to get access to the housing. The regulator is not cheap (even used) and the labor is a lot.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Had same problem...try replacing fuse... :
"Chuckyg" wrote
> Hello... I went out in my car today and when I turned the "EC" > switch on > no air came > out. I had the temp dial onto the red and I got nothing. I > tried > hitting > all of the buttons and nothing was working. THe AC will not > work either. > > No air is coming out. It worked fine yesterday...it was 72 > degrees and I > decided to test the AC for a few minutes and it was ice cold. > Today it > was 34 degrees and I wanted the heat/defroster; NOthing > though. It > sounds like it could maybe be a relay of some sort... Any > help is > greatly > appreciated... Charlie- NJ
I would try the strip fuse just in front of the fuse box in the black rectangular box. If it worked yesterday it just may have had too much draw that day from debri like you said, but I would spray some lube in the bearings of the blower motor and clear the debris before I wasted money on fuses if it will just blow again.