By the Dash Board Light...

What is the light next to the BRAKE light in the cluster of a 300E (1989)? It is a circle with 6 dashes around it. It is comming on intermittently. My owners manual is AWOL.
Thanks,
Thom 1989 300E 241,000 miles...
Brake pad wear indicator light. Depicts a disc surrounded by brake pads.
Thanks, I have plenty of pad left, I must have loosened one up when I replaced my struts last week, since it only comes on sometimes.
Change your brake pad sensor and check your rear too... Double check all inner and outer pads.
Being as lazy as the OP (he could have asked a dealer...<grin>) and, as I am suffering from galloping memory loss and it being a bit of a hassle to get to my car this second, can you remind me what's the warning light for the parking brake? It is not the one mentioned in this thread, is it?
DAS
"Tiger" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:YsXre.24515$ snipped-for-privacy@fe10.lga...
In both, my SLK 230 and the 190E the display reads "BRAKE" when the parking brake is applied. I had to go out to garage and look. My memory failed me.....